The Executive Director (ED) works under the direction of the Board of Directors with broad latitude for independent action within the framework of the Articles of Incorporation, the Bylaws, and the general policies and philosophy of Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House. The Board delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the ED, and s/he has the authority to carry out these responsibilities in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board. Additionally, the ED provides direction and relevant information to the Board as it carries out its governance functions. The ideal candidate must build and model a strong, home-like culture, provide inspired leadership and establish a sound working relationship with all stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree (Graduate degree preferred), minimum of 3 years in a NFP leadership role or related field (5+ years preferred).
- Demonstrates the ability to provide and articulate a compelling culture and vision in an effort to inspire and engage employees, volunteers, stakeholders, and the community in relation to the fulfillment of MACHH’s mission and strategies. Acts as the primary spokesperson for the organization.
- Oversees the company’s fiscal activity including budgeting, reporting and auditing functions. Demonstrates the ability to creatively fundraise while leveraging existing revenue sources, reserves and in-kind contributions to serve more families and ensure the long-term viability of our mission.
- Establishes an environment that embraces change and continuous improvement through collaboration, integration of best practices, appropriate risk taking, and communication. Embraces new ideas and novel programs while also celebrating MACHH’s history.
- Manages house operations including staff recruitment, training, orientation and evaluation. Provides constructive and timely feedback, coaching, and guidance to enhance others’ development. Establishes policies and procedures to ensure the safe and effective delivery of services and create an environment that promotes great performance and positive staff morale.
- Reports to the board of directors and keeps them apprised on house operations. Prepares and presents information to the Board of Directors, keeping them fully informed on significant events and trends. Acts as an advisor to the Board and its committees. Works with the executive committee, board of directors and MACHH’s administrative team to determine short and long term goals/strategic plans.
- Participates with the Governance Committee and recommends individuals to participate on the Board level and its sub-committees. Draws on community relationships for board and committee appointments with beneficial expertise that will help obtain organizational goals. Keeping in mind the need for diversity and inclusion, recognizing the strength of contributions from differing points of view and experiences.
- Assures all legal, regulatory, financial and insurance related documents are filed timely and appropriately monitored to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Demonstrates ability to raise funds both traditionally and non-traditionally as well as the poise to interact personally with major donors, corporations, foundations, sponsors and partners. Develops fundraising objectives that correspond to the mission and values of the organization.
To be considered for this opportunity, please be sure to send resume/cv to: email@example.com